Representatives of the Haliwa-Saponi Tribe are pictured with the Warren County Board of Commissioners Monday night after the board adopted a resolution in recognition of November as Native American Heritage Month. Pictured from left to right are, front row: Commissioners Jennifer Pierce, Bertadean Baker and Walter Powell; Tribal Chief Dr. Ogletree Richardson; and Commission Chairman Tare “T” Davis; back row: Jimille Mills, Tribal Councilman Rev. Mike Mills, Alfred Richardson, Tribal Councilman Charles “Pete” Richardson, and Commissioner Victor Hunt.
- Unite for local students
- Warrenton dedicates renovated Town Hall
- Eagles beat Jackets for Homecoming win
- Longtime Norlina board member ousted
- Malcom Roscoe Williams, Jr.
- Celebrating Native American Heritage Month
- Guilty pleas entered in breaking and entering case
- OP/ED: Help cancer patients receive needed treatment
- 'Inspiring' describes recipient of Literary Prize, Jane Ball-Groom
- Slave cemetery preservation begins
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!